The Regional Rural Banks in India are the Commercial Banks operating in various rural areas of the country. IBPS conducts the exam for the recruitment of Officers and Office Assistants in various RRBs across the country.
There are three major posts for which Regional Rural Bank exams are conducted in the country. These include:
- Officer Scale I (PO)
- Officer Scale II and III (SO)
Lakhs of candidates appear for this exam annually and only a few out of them are able to crack the exam and even lesser are able to qualify in the very first attempt. Candidates can know in detail about the various posts and the recruitment process for the rural bank exams at the IBPS RRB exam page.
IBPS RRB Exam Pattern
Given below is the exam pattern for the Officer Scale I, II and III and Officer Assistant post for the candidates appearing for the exam for the first time:
|IBPS RRB Exam Pattern (Officer Assistant & Officer Scale I)|
|IBPS RRB Exam||Sections||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Preliminary Exam||Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||Composite Time of 45 minutes|
|Mains Exam||Reasoning Ability||40||50||Composite Time of 2 hours|
|Engish/ Hindi Language||40||40|
|IBPS RRB Exam Pattern ( Generalist cadre for Officer scale II & III)|
|Name of Tests||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||40||50||2 hours|
Candidates must note that Interviews are only included in the Officer scale examination and the selection process for RRB Clerk only includes two phases of written examinations.
Preparation Strategy to Crack IBPS RRB Exam in First Attempt
Discussed below are the five best tips which will help candidates excel in the upcoming Regional Rural Bank exam and qualify it in the very first attempt:
- Take Assistance From Previous Year Question Papers – For those who are willing to appear for the first time in the upcoming recruitment, they can refer to the previous year question papers. This will give a better understanding of the type of questions that may be asked, the standard of the paper and which topics are of utmost importance
- Focus on Every Subject Equally – The competition is very tough and over the years it has been noticed that the cut off has also seen a high increase. Thus, to improve the overall scores in the online examinations, focussing well on each subject is equally important for the best results
- Work on Time Management – The target must not just be on answering maximum questions, it must be on answers more and more questions correctly within the stipulated time. Thus, time management plays a very important role in acing the bank exams. One must avoid guessing as there is negative marking in the online examinations
- Solve Questions Using Shortcuts and Tricks – It is generally seen that there are shortcuts and tricks which make solving questions less complex and less time-consuming. Thus, being aware of such tricks can be of great help as more questions can be solved in a shorter time duration
- Time-based Mock Tests are helpful – Generally, candidates are nervous on the day of examination and are more likely to make mistakes out of stress. Thus, during revision, candidates must solve time-based mock tests, this will give them an exam hall like atmosphere and also help them apprehend their level of preparation. Such practise papers are easily available online for candidates to solve
Those, who are not well aware of the scheme of selection, can visit the IBPS RRB Syllabus page and know the detailed exam pattern and subject-wise syllabus for the Regional Rural exams.
It is also recommended that candidates must not over-pressurise themselves and stay calm while solving the question paper. All these small tips will help candidates have an edge over their competitors and crack the exam in the very first attempt.